On Friday, June 14th, on stage at the 86th Annual South Carolina State FFA Convention Savannah Vickery, a recent graduate of Pendleton High School, was appointed a South Carolina State FFA Officer position. Over the next year Savannah will represent the South Carolina FFA Association by serving as our State FFA Reporter. A state FFA officer position is the highest honor that SC state FFA members can achieve during their FFA career. Savannah will be spending the summer conducting leadership workshops and developing her officer team's program of activities to positively influence the FFA members of South Carolina throughout the upcoming year. Savannah is a Freshman at Clemson University majoring in Agricultural Education. Congratulations, Savannah!
- Mandy Martin: Recognized as state runner-up in the Job Interview Competition (Special thanks to Mrs. Lindsey Fossum for working with Mandy for this competition.)
- Savannah Vickery: Recognized as state third high individual in the State Extemporaneous Speaking Competition
- Josh Yeargin: Presented a national FFA scholarship and the Hilton V. Rogers Scholarship--a total of $3000
- Zachary MacDougal: presented the SC FFA Retiring State Officer Scholarship
- State Degree Recipients: Emily Forrest, Austin Rose, Adam Willey
- State Proficiency Award Recipients: Josh Yeargin, Adam Willey, Hunter Morton, Savannah Vickery, Dakota Murray, Eric Wilson
Colin Brady and Coach David Skelly were in Myrtle Beach at the North/South All Star game Father's Day weekend. Colin played 1st and 2nd base, and then pitched in the last game. He was the winning pitcher. Coach Skelly was the assistant for the North 2A/3A team. Congratulations! We are proud of our Bulldogs.
Josh Yeargin was recently announced the recipient of the Tractor Supply Growing Scholarship through the National FFA Organization. Josh was selected from over 6,000 applicants. He will be attending Clemson University in the fall to major in Soils and Sustainable Crop Systems. Congratulations, Josh!
Hunter Morton and Eric Wilson, FFA officers and rising seniors at Pendleton High School will attend the South Carolina Commissioner's School for Agriculture this Summer at Clemson University. The school will cover a wide range of agricultural topics including advocacy and leadership development. This was a very competitive process, and they were admitted due to their outstanding scholarship, character and FFA involvement. Both students are interested in pursuing a career in Agricultural Education. Congratulations, Hunter and Eric!